Friday, February 5, 2010

Interactive Television


There is facebook, twitter, & myspace... all of these social net works that peak the interest of people everyday and still a growing trend. The desire to be close to your family and friends has been a growing statistic.


Television has declined on it's ratings for bring family together... we now have dad in the living room for sports, mom up stairs for soaps, and children in there rooms watching tv's as well. So what are we thinking to do to bring families back together... certainly not television you would have thought until researchers decided to develop the interactive television. The interactive television will resemble social networks by being able to see who's watching what and able to suggest things as well. This wouldn't be your facebook but a social network of the people you are close to.


Facebook has already shown us it's power in social networking... now television. I think it will be something that is comforting to be able to share your intimate tv findings with someone close. At first you think it's just another way to began to dominate the social networking or internet technology world but I think this could actually be something positive and relaxing.


The only negative fall there could be is with neighbors watching or inviting someone into you network you don't know like facebook. Strangers send request however we dont' know how much informatio will be giving through the television. I only see advancement.


Source: http://www.technologyreview.com/web/24340/?a=f

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good idea but it sounds like another excuse for Comcast to rip us off even more. They're probably going to charge like $30 just for this feature >_>

    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is not such a good idea, we already have massive privacy invasion with the internet, now plugging our TVs to the net seems just crazy! I would not like for people to know what and when I'm watching TV


    Nina

    ReplyDelete